Here are some healthy snacking tips to share with your co-workers, students, family and friends:
1. Focus on fiber and protein. Choose cereal bars, granola bars or energy bars with some protein (check the Nutrition Facts) and some fiber to help keep you full longer.
2. Pretzels or baked chips are a great low-fat, low-calorie way to satisfy the mid-day munchies.
3. Choose fruits, vegetables and salads, prepackaged and ready-to-eat. They are high in nutrients, crunchy, convenient and great tasting.
4. For a snack that is high in protein and calcium, reach for a carton of low-fat milk or yogurt.
5. It’s unrealistic to give up sweet treats if you really enjoy them. Like anything else, eat them “wisely” and in moderation.